Monday, August 30, 2010

Today My Glass is Half Full

Today is the day I feel firmly planted in the 260's. And what a glorious day it is.

Glorious because just last Monday, 7 short days ago, I weighed in at 270.9. Today I weigh a very fabulous 268.1. I love dropping an entire middle number more than I love... well just about anything, but mostly more than I love deep fried foods.

Strangely I thought this wouldn't be a very good week for weightloss. But I guess my little excursion to the movies willed the scale otherwise.

2.8

2.8

2.8

pounds.


Yes ladies and gents this is what I lost this week. You can applaud. It's ok I won't be embarassed. Go ahead. Praise me... I'll wait...

{ insert compliment here }

Thank you for your kind words vibes thoughts etc. They are extremely well deserved appreciated :)

Annnd I have exciting news! I was recently asked to be a bridesmaid in a friends wedding next June. A mere 30 seconds after she asked me my thoughts were on the dress.

Will it look like this?


or THIS?


This?


Or this?


And then I scolded myself internally for being so dramatic, as I most always am, and reminded myself that my friend has both style and class. Hopefully.

And then (dramatic pause) it happened. The seed was planted I couldn't get the idea out of my head with the jaws of life.

What if...

wait for it...

By some grace of GOD, I didn't have to buy a plus sized dress.

Let it marinate for a moment.

What would that mean??? Could I do it? Possibly. Sure. Of course I can do it. But my question has always been will I do it? And I think, truthfully, because I'm not trying to be a big liar, I will do it.

June is an entire 10 months away. The my glass-half-full side says "that's plenty of time". While my glass-half-empty side says "that's plenty of time to give up".

This is what I say.

I didn't start this journey to look good in a bridesmaid dress. I started it to look good naked. Oops. No seriously. I started to be a healthier skinnier happier more wonderful me. And if a byproduct of all that happens to be that I look like a freaking knockout in a NON-Plus sized bridesmaid dress then so be it. It's just icing on the cake.

mmm cake. well... angel food cake... with fat free sugar free cool whip. cake none the less.

So my skinny minis, I am off to choke down my obligatory multivitamin and wash it down with a big ole glass of water. With the glass that was half full of course ;)



** side note **

When I told my husband about the dress thing he said
"That's great honey! And maybe you won't have to wear your Spanx this time."

I said
"Oh no honey, a girl always looks better in Spanx. Even if she's a size 4."

It is truth.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't have time to think about what kind of dress....I'm a bridesmaid on Saturday...YES, THIS SATURDAY!!!!
    I've never tried Spanx, should I go get one? Will I feel skinnier? More importantly, will I
    "appear" skinnier?

    You WILL do this girl, you've got to get into a non-plus!!
    Love your photos of those crazy dresses. haha

    Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Roxie Roxie Roxie.

    Spanx are like... well they're like the best friend you never had. If your best friend held you tight from every angle so that you lost inches just about everywhere.

    It's not even so much that they make you look skinnier, per say... It more that they keep everything from jiggling, smooth out all the lumps and bumps and make your clothes slide over your body in a way that makes it much more comfortable to move.

    If I had a favorite thing clothing item, other than a push-up bra, this would be it.

    They are rather pricey though, but on the upside you'll have the damn thing forever. Buy nude you can where it with everything.

    I also love ASSETS by Sara Blakely (the genius who invented Spanx) which are available exclusively at Target. Much cheaper. Just about the same results.

    Good luck at the wedding! Hope your dress doesn't look like any of my examples (particularly #3) and I can't wait to see pictures! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am inserting my compliment here...... WTG!! YOu are an amazing woman!! Keep up the great work! I to want to be out the plus sizes! Its no fun shopping there! lol

    Keep it up girl, you'll be down a size before you know it!

    ~Robin~
    http://cutebycomparison.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete